Trade in Egypt is on a one-to-one basis, that is you need to make an agreement with someone else to 'trade'.
A Trading Post allows for a secure trade between players. Both parties can see the Offer and the Bid. Once accepted by both parties the items are transferred to their new owner. This is especially useful for high-value trade items. Updates to trade messages in main now offer some confirmation of trade exchange.
- Our ancestors were able to research Basic Trade to allow the construction of trading posts, however this still necessitated in both parties being there, which made it almost redundant.
Post Office Compounds
Player created Post Office complexes allow players to build a box or chest in a compound. Items are placed in the box and then ownership is transferred to the other party. This allows for off-line or out-of-time-zone trading. Box Trades have the downside of not being able to adjust items/quantities after the ownership is transferred, same as a normal box/chest. Once the box is transferred you cannot reclaim the items even if the other player has stopped playing. Boxes, chests and warehouse allow larger quantities of items to be exchange.
- Player Post Offices are often provided by large guilds
- Player Post Offices are normal compounds requiring standard building materials
- Player Post Offices are subject to standard ownership rules including the T8 Guild No Public Access restriction.
- The workaround for Guilds providing the post office is to have an elder create the box/chest and then transfer ownership to a named player.
- Player Post Offices require either a cornerstone or maintenance.
- Players with trade items in a Post Office need to be mindful of the account status of the buildings owner. Like all buildings if the cornerstone fails or the building falls into disrepair the items inside maybe irretrievable.
- Building are subject any DPA laws passed.
- DPA laws normally prevent an item belonging to an active account from being claimed.
- Buildings owned by guilds with expired elders are subject to the normal process of Guild DPA
Bonfires (T8) are no longer stable for CC exchanges unless the exchange is done quickly to avoid bonfire decay. The maximum size of bonfires is greatly reduced in T8. Large wood transfers can be done via multiple bonfires.
- There may be a method of creating a stable bonfire.
The following traders and guilds have established a desire to sell some goods:
|Dtox||Swenett||Charcoal, 7k CarpBlades, Stones, Cattle, Ranch products (Butter, Buttermilk)||Herbs, Mushrooms, Peppers, Vegetables, Gems,Wood,flax and various goods|
|tehm||Asyut||7k Carp Blades||Iron, Alloys, Papyrus, Flax|
|Suleman||White Nile||9k Hatchets 8.5k + and 9k Shovels , 8k Resin Wedges , 8500 and 9000 Sharp Edged Blades||Metals ,Alloys , Glass items , Papyrus , Misc.|
|Yendor||Asyut||Paint!!!||See page for details|
|Larame||Asyut||Paint!!!||See page for details|
|DGoods||Swenett||Charcoal, 7k CarpBlades, Stones, Cattle, Ranch products (Butter, Buttermilk)||Herbs, Mushrooms, Peppers, Vegetables, Gems,Wood,flax and various goods|
|Iratia||East Kush||Apr 26, 2018|| Insect: Rose Mite, Fruit Maggot
| TUITION HERBS (currently in stock):|
Foraging 2: Ashoka, Orange Sweetgrass, Pulmonaria Opal, Yellow Tristeria
Cooking 2: Common Rosemary, Common Sage, Thyme
Cooking 5: Crumpled Leaf Basil, Dwarf Wild Lettuce, Jaivanti
Filleting 1: Common Basil
TUITION SHROOMS (currently in stock): Acorn's Cap, Camels Mane, Cobra Hood, Dead Tongue, Fish Hook, Hairy Tooth, Toad Skin
|Yendor||zFree||4/1/2018||One high-quality archeology shovel named "Yendor's Other Shovel"; a spring or two; sharp-edged blades if those can be made yet||Metals, ash, papy, wood, ...?|
|Suniomilet||Tanis||5/20/2018||Flystones, Cooking 2||Insects, herbs, mushrooms, apiary products, onion & cabbage seeds for other vegetable seeds|